Route One Photography is a trading name of Photography by Dave Thompson Ltd.
Having studied at both Stoke-on-Trent College and Stockport College, Dave began working for Smith-Davis Press in Stoke-on-Trent in 1997. During December of 1999 he moved to Stockport and began a successful career as a freelance photographer working for The Manchester Evening News, The Associated Press, The Press Association and national newspapers as well as PR firms throughout the UK.
This led to a permanent position in 2007, working for the Press Association, the domestic press agency for the UK. During his six and a half years with the company Dave was often placed in positions of trust, where appearance and reliability where just as important as the photography.
Some of the events covered were:
- Countless Premier League and Champions League football matches.
- The Royal Wedding of William and Kate in 2011, positioned in the Organ Loft inside Westminster Abbey.
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012.
- Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to Britain in 2010.
- The London 2012 Olympics.
- Two Ricky Hatton fights in Las Vegas, as well as many other bouts in England.
- Wimbledon tennis championships.
- Political Party Conferences.
- International Cricket fixtures.
In 2014, Dave chose to leave the PA after several enjoyable years and set up Photography by Dave Thompson. In the 12months since he left, he has continued to cover football matches and national news events, but has also begun to build a list of commercial clients who he enjoys cementing relationships with. He continues to do his best to provide them with high quality images to meet their public relations briefs.
Route One Photography
March 2015 saw the launch of Route One Photography, a company which aims to continue to develop the links with current clients and begin to form new and exciting relationships with future clients through photography.
Away from work, Dave is married to his long suffering and patient wife of 13 years, Caroline, and they have two sons, George and Will.